Friday, May 28, 2010

Stuck Note

I have this annoying habit and Dee, Chikku and Sai has been hapless victims of the same. Once a song is stuck onto my head, I sing it over and over for days together. Once this got bad, and I sang a song for over a week like a stuck record – it was REAL bad, I assure you.. To be truthful, my voice is not sooo bad. But then I can’t catch onto high notes for my life. So when I sing, it is like the rumbling. And when high pitches come, I squeak like un-oiled door. So, back to the point. I listen to random songs, suddenly I get interested in a particular one and take to it.. I load it on my iPod and on my phone - in repeat mode & when I am not listening I will be singing the same. Funny thing is that, I take after a song, only years after the song is released.. And the only exception to it was Zoobidoobi from 3 idiots.It got stuck in my head the next month after it was released. But then, it didn’t stay with me for long like the others..



The first song to be jammed into my head was “Pyaar ki eek kahani suno” from Honeymoon travels(released in Feb 2007). It happened while I was in Hyderabad, June 2008. And I still remember that, one night I googled for the lyrics of it and wrote it down onto a paper, because we didn’t have printer access there& by hearted the song.. I sang it over and over to my hearts consent, but that didn’t annoy anyone much because my roommate was away most of the time.. And yes, I did bring smile to faces, with this number. It is still a favourite.




The next one is pure murder. We had a project party at The Taj Manjarun, Mangalore in October 2008. A young girl, performed Mayya Mayya from Guru(released in 2007) and it was sheer joy. I was awed by her voice, her ability to catch up to the high notes effortlessly, the way her voice swayed from one to the other from raspy to sweet to husky, as required in the song.. I was dumb-struck for about 6 minutes. And then it happened. The song caught onto me like a vice-grip. I was hooked onto it. From that night onwards, for about 3 weeks Chikku, Dee & Sai had no peace what-so-ever. I sang it from the the time I walked into the door and till the time I walked out- sometimes softly, sometime loudly and sometimes shriekingJ. And at office, I used to listen it from the computer using my headphones. I used to get oblivious to the surrounding and would sing loudly, providing unlimited entertainment to dear cubicle mates… The girls back at 701, begged me, reasoned with me , told me nicely to stop and finally threatened. I wouldn’t have any of it and then gradually the craze died on it’s own. The repeat mode on the song was duly taken off. But even now, I cant play that song just once.. I would play it around 3-4 times even now& is all satisfied J




Zoobidoobi got glued in about a month after the movie was released. Nan too got the bug from me. I was visiting once & she took a liking to the song. She was walking around with my phone, stuck to her ears and listening to it over and over. It was a very sweet scene. She wouldn’t sit down, but was walking from room to room and finally came to the front room & was walking in circles. Nan was very sleepy that night and hence cranky. So each time the song would get over, the little face of hers would crumple up into a annoyed twist and tears would start rolling out. She would come running to me and ask me to change the song for her and that went on for about an hour or so and then the little one just fell asleep…. And I too lost interest in it.

The picture here depicts Nan dancing with her dad for Zoobi-Doobi, when the song was still fresh to our ears...


The last one on my list is Tujh Mein Rab Dikhta Hai from Rab Ne Banaadi Jodi(released in 2008). Heard the song yesterday on TV and it snapped something in my brain. And the lyrics caught onto me like a mouse to cheese (yikes, I HATE mouse)..Whoever wrote it has a way to others heart. I was in tears, literally. And looks like the song is meant to be mine. Evening when I went back home from office, the song was playing on the bus and then once home, saw that the movie is playing tomorrow night on TV.. And the poor roomies are in for a tough few weeks ahead…. J



Go listen to this song guys and dedicate it to your special someone… I just did!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment