Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Not Knowing my Dals Apart

Trust my brain to abandon me at the weirdest of the places… Sunday I was all motivated to cook. At SPAR, the new hyper market that is opened here, they have a counter where there are huge barrels filled with grains and pulses. We can weigh and buy even the smallest quantity we need from there. I am standing there to buy my dal for sambar and suddenly my short term memory loss is at its prime. For nuts, I can’t remember the name of the blessed-dal we use in sambar. I tried telling the guy who stands there what I need, but he too is clue-less as me, about the exact name of it.. Hah!!!!! Since this confusion is not getting me anywhere, I decided to look around for help.

So ignoring my ego, I ask the lady standing next to me the name of the dal we use in sambar. She stares me from tip to toe and sheepishly mumble.. “Toor Dal”. I gather the shattered ego and walks away with my 100gm of Toor dal.
I bet that woman will be either laughing with her family about a woman, not knowing or dals apart or better she will be blogging about the same.. DUH!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment