Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What is in a name

Some names are so ironic. Like the girl who was named Angel and the devil himself was mighty terrified of her???
Lately I had 2 instances with Overnite couriers.. What does the name suggest to you? That they will deliver over night. Ok, over night will be a little too much to ask. In my experience their name should really be changed to over month or over fortnight..
Let me tell you why……………
*Daniel uses this particular brand of diapers and I buy them online. Usually they courier it by Bluedart or Firstflight. Their services are excellent and I get the consignment within 2-3 days of ordering. And so I plan accordingly. I make an order when the packet is three fourth empty and I definitely receive the stuff well before the packet empties.- Please don’t comment that I should have better managing skills and not to wait till it is three fourths empty.. Such rude comments are not going to be entertained.
So where was i??yeah, this one time I placed my order as usual and it was not delivered for 4-5 days. I went online and checked the whereabouts and saw that it was couriered with overnite people. Well, I sat back and started to wait. As luck would have it Daniel got a stomach bug at pretty much the same time and the diapers where quickly diminishing LI know somepeople will now suggest that I should be more environment friendly and start using cloth diapers etc.SWome-people Will you come back and give me a back massage daily???
I waited for 7 days and still the diapers were on the way. Called the customer care people of the online shop and they promised that they will try to deliver it the next day. Next day went past with no news of the diapers. I was getting real panicky and went and got a set of diapers from the local shop. And promptly Daniel developed a rash. Well, now I had every right to call and scream at the customer care. They promised to deliver it on the same day before 7.00 pm. This was a Saturday. Sunday and Monday went past with no news of my order. And then I called the courier people and they say that the consignment is delivered to Rajalekshmy, Now who in the world is she?? May name doesn’t remotely resemble that. Screamed at them and one hour later they sheepishly tell me that they have wrongly updated the info. Phew. All this while I had nightmares of some Rajalekshmy using the diapers meant for Dan and Dan suffering from nasty diaper rash… Well, after threatening that I will cancel their order and want a cash-back and that I will write nasty remarks about them,they managed to deliver it on tueday morning.Which is a whole 10 days after the initial order…..

*For Valentines I decided to surprise the husband with chocolates. Ordered some yum stuffs and their website promised that they deliver the very next day of the order being placed or at the latest within 2 days. Good enough. I placed the order on the 13th (again, comments on poor managing/planning skills can be kept to self) They updated me with the invoice and Oh-Oh.. it is courierd with the same overnite people…To cut a long story short, the Valentines day chocolates was delivered on the 20th of Feb. Might as well have delivered it the next year… I could have saved some money….

That is the affair with the courier people whose name suggests that they will deliver overnite!!!!!!

I was a huge fan of Adyar Ananda Bhavan….Loved their food and sweets. TO be honest they are neat and their food is good. Well… We went their for brunch on a Sunday. Agreed, it is a busy day for them..When we went it was not crowded, but it was full. We sat down and asked for puri. The sorry excuse for a waiter replied “it is over” while he was walking off to the next table. I mean, he didn’t even look us in our face nor did he give us some other option. We waited for his highness to make appearance and he blessed us with his esteemed presence about 10 minutes later. We were hungry and his manner had made us irritated. I am a person not to be messed with when I am hungry. My husband would vouch that I am a bhadrakaali even otherwise. Imagine me in the above situation…He stands there shifting from leg to leg (he has got ants in his pants or what??) and was acting as if taking our order is way beyond his dignity. He is a senior staff there and when you are doing a job might as well follow you job profile… Show some grace you old-snobbish-man…ANYWAY, we ordered Dosa and he said it will take time.We said that is fine with us and with his nose up in the air he left for the kitchen, came back in the same speed and announced that Dosa is over.. What happened to the dosa that would take time to come to us???????? I lost it and announced that we are leaving. That waiter walked off just like that. Not even an apology, not even bothered to tell us about the other options.. Well…. I walked out loudly announcing about the bad service and the lack of hospitality. Other customers heard and my point was made. Seriously, you are paying good money not to be treated like you are taking alms … It makes me so steamingly mad… Grrrrr
Pray tell me where is the Aanandham in dining at Adyar Ananda Bhavan???????

1 comment:

  1. And you had rubbed the A2B 'strawberry rasgulla' aanandham onto me

    ReplyDelete