Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Daniel.....

Haven’t you seen these woman who can’t stop talking about their husbands or married life when they are newlywed? OR even newly engaged?? Guess i skipped that gloating period since the husband was away during our initial days of married life . But i guess i am making up for it post Dan. The girls i go for lunch with should be cringing away from me, because i mostly speak about Dan and Dan and then some more Dan. I spam their inbox with his snaps or talks about what he does or how he does stuffs... I decided to mend my way and start describing him on the net :) Exactly ONE person reads my blog, and since she doesn’t mind reading about Dan i feel that it is a safe option. It is better for that one person to stop reading my blog than to go for breakfast, lunch and tea all alone....

*Daniel was born on 15th June and he weighed 3.2kgs on birth. Whoever said that normal delivery is a cake walk, please come and meet me.

*He rolled over at exact 48 days. My thought process went off as follows *Wow, he is an early developer. This makes him an advanced kid and so he is definitely going to Harvard and then off to the wall street for his multibillion dollar earning job. And there we are, Gin and me cruising through the Bahamas!!!!!!* Daniel sensed my thoughts and the next time he rolled over was at exact 4 months. There goes my dream of cruising through the Bahamas,

*He used to roll over consistently since October 15th. His moving around in his sleep and otherwise, got quiet scary and Gin and me moved quarters to the floor from the bed for general safety. On December 5th morning, Dan was sleeping on his mattress. I go into the room after sometime and he is missing . My heart took a flip and then i hear a cooing sound from behind the cupboard and VOILA there he is, pulling out the contents of a box. So he began to move on his own, to destinations of his choice henceforth.

*On christams day he stood up with support. Merry Christmas Appa and Mamma , he seems to say. Well, as the good parents we are, we forgot to get him a gift :(

*Sometime in the first week of January, Daniel's Nanny decided to quit. Great... By god's grace he began to go to a crèche nearby and slowly got accustomed to the new place and people.

*He got his first fever and his first loosies almost at the same time :(

*He sat up on his own when he became 7 months old.

*His passion is to climb airs. He will pull himself up on the first step, Will lift up his knees and put it on the next one. And the same process goes on. He climbs about 3 steps in less than a minute. No, it is not funny. It is damn scary because a couple of time he has come down rolling from the steps, thankfully into one of our hands.

*He sprouted his first teeth at exact 8 months, or so i noticed. Now with a teeny weeny teeth and all, i feel that he is a BIG BOY :) Big enough to do errands for me and to take his dad along for company :P

*Now his favorite sport is to stand near the counter where the water filter is kept. The tap is at exact his height and he has managed to open it by himself. This time i didn’t have time to think about his mechanical skills and he designing the future rockets, because i was busy running around swabbing the floor ...

*I feel that he knows how to clap his hands. Once i saw him doing that. At 5 am when he got up and was generally making noise to wake me up. I cant be too sure, because at 5 am i am as good as dead and i could be hallucinating :D

*When we were first married, Gin could go on for days without sleep. And he hated to sleep too. I was the exact opposite. i lived to sleep. Luckily, Gin got on the sleep bug and became a sleepy head soon and our son HATES sleeping. He feels sleeping is for losers. How can 2 sleep lovers end up with a baby who has great aversion to sleep????????

*If you notice, Dan tends to cross most of his milestones on the 15th of each month. I think he realized pretty early in life, that he has got 2 scatter brains for his parents and decided to make life easy for us. If only you decided to sleep a little bit more, my son :)

*And i found out that there are people who live to compare. Yes, compare a child as young as 8 months old. And that too without any compassion. I too decided to grow up and the next time someone compares Dan with XYZ, i too am gonna give them back in the same line. Tit for Tat. Some people just won’t learn unless it hits where it hurts

And thanks Chech, for being the light at the end of the dark tunnel. Right through the pregnancy and during 8 months of parenting Dan.

3 comments:

  1. Aww!! Anytime Anj! Loved reading this post. I hope Dan reads it sometime in the future to see how much his Mamma loves him :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there's no blog that can amuse me more than the ones about my sisters' kids!!! Loved it to bits. Keep em comin in about Dan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I' glad Dan thinks sleeping is for losers! :D (*covering my face hoping I dont get slapped)

    ReplyDelete