Thursday, November 12, 2015

Fate!!!!!!

You know, there are these times you roll your eyes at someone/something one does and thinks that i will never ever do it/be like them.. I have been there , done that.. And now they have been happening in my life, so that God can teach me that everything is not black and white.

When people used to complaint that they cant tolerate the cream in the milk, i always used to wonder what the fuss was about. Once my friend and me were coming back from a long trip and we didnt have anything to eat for many hours. And the coffee that we got to buy at a shop had a layer of cream in it. She almost gagged at it and threw the coffee away and went the rest of her way home hungry. I felt very smug about the fact that what a rounded upbringing i had !!!!! And then arrives Jojo! He hates the thought of milk at the best and God forbid if there is a tiny piece of cream in it. He gags and throws up the entire meal he has had the whole day. Or if he is in a mood to have milk he will scan the entire surface of milk. If there is even a bit of milk, he will ask me to strain it out.. Daniel has no problem with the cream. he will gulp his milk with/without the cream . And i have done nothing special to either of them in this department :( Chalk and cheese i say!!!!!! Or jojo was born to instill some sense into me to quit judging others!!!!

When i was going to nursery, we were allowed to wear civilian clothes on every wednesday. This day proved out to be pure torture for my mom because i was very very choosy with my clothes and my amma had no intention of making me wear my Sunday-bests to school every week and i would go to school sulking or crying. Amma still has nightmares about those days. Then enters my eldest niece to our lives and chech and bekhs too had a few episodes about deciding clothes . Chech sorted it out by laying out clothes for the school day the previous night itself. Hah.. i was soo prepared for motherhood and for being poster mom. Hay, i even had enough lessons from chech ,right??Dan has no problems about the clothes i lay for him. Occasionally he asks for a particular dress and he is happy. Joshua is a whole different chapter... He thinks over the clothes i have laid for him, if he disapproves of it he will ask for a white tee. And is never specific at it. As the time for the bus arrives, my patience runs low and his frustration level goes high.. recipe for disaster. Laying out clothes doesn't work well with him either. Some people need to fight their own battles, me thinks !!! we are dreading the days when our little one turns into a teenager.

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm looking forward to sons' teenage years, hahahaha :P Im sure they're gonna turn out to be bigger darlings then too :D

    ReplyDelete