Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Love- Personified

A very romantic scene was staged before my eyes today. I was traveling by train, and there was an elderly couple sitting with me. They would be in their late 60's. It was lunch time and the tiffin carrier was opened by the wife. Well, my eyes were slyly directed to examine the contents of their lunch. Ok.. Ok, i know it is a bad habit to peep into others lunch. But yeah, those who know me well, knows that I don’t qualify an A in the behavior department. Hence the excuse..
He had 2 pieces of fish fry and she one. Before he started lunch, he broke his second piece into two, and placed the other in her box without as much as lifting his head from the plate. She looked at him, gave him a half smile, and they resumed with their lunch. No words exchanged

There was no hand holding, no stolen glances.. But a much matured love, hardened by years and experiences... Was very touching..
I guess there shouldn’t be much fuss made for a bouquet not given or a holiday not taken, if we can grow up to a couple like them...

God bless them, who ever they are.....

No comments:

Post a Comment